IMPORTANT TERMS, CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
- Neither PowerStocks Research nor any of their employees are:
a. Authorized financial services providers, representatives or intermediaries, or render financial services in respect of financial products as those terms are defined in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 2002 (“the FAIS Act”);
b. Authorized users or stockbrokers, or render securities services in respect of securities as those terms are defined in the Securities Services Act, 2004 (“the SS Act”);
- PowerStocks Research and their employees do not warrant, represent or otherwise guarantee, expressly, impliedly or tacitly that the use of any product sold or service provided by them would result in any particular outcome, and especially profits or returns, such products and services merely serving as general guidance and the provision of data and information which I may, or may not use in the making of investments of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to investments in or the purchase and/or sale of financial products as defined in the FAIS Act or securities as defined in the SS Act;
- The information contained in www.powerstocks.co.za, our software programs, reports or communications or any other web site domains owned and managed by PowerStocks Research does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any particular person and are not to be construed as advice in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act of 2002. Please consult your financial adviser should you require advice of a financial nature and/or intermediary services. Although we may answer general customer service questions regarding our programs, methods, formulas and models we cannot address these in relation to your particular investment and financial situation.
- Neither PowerStocks Research nor any of their employees (jointly or severally) shall be liable unto subscribers or any third party for any damages or other loss a subscriber or any third party may suffer, be it direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive as a result of use of any product sold or service rendered by them, or the failure or unavailability at any time of such products and services, hereby admitting that any decision made by them or any third party to invest in any financial product or securities (as defined) shall be their/the third party’s own decision, and that any such investment is inherently risky and may result in loss or damages, hereby in any case waiving any such claim for damages or loss acquired against them or anyone of them with full understanding of the nature and consequences of such waiver, and hereby indemnifying and holding them harmless in relation to any such claim.
- Other than individual screen rankings and scores provided by our various mechanical strategies we have or offer no views, good or bad, about any companies listed on the JSE. We are restricted from providing these views and cannot offer advice on existing shares in your portfolio or how to construct a portfolio for your particular needs.
- Our automated stock screens filter shares based on various fundamental factors and serve as tools to shortlist candidate shares for further investigation. We do not examine or seek out company prospects, management skill, pending lawsuits, internal fraud, financial manipulation or any other aspects that may affect the company’s share price. It is up to the individual investor to further inspect other aspects of shares to reduce their risks from these events.
- Investing on stock markets may expose you to risks and you may lose some or all of your capital. Do not invest with money you cannot afford to lose. Never risk more than 5% of your investment capital on any one share trade. Profits from share dealing are a form of income and subject to taxation. You are strongly advised to read our Investing Best Practices section on the website if you are an inexperienced trader/investor.
- Whilst long historical trends may statistically support certain assumptions about the future, remember that past performance is no guarantee of future returns. We merely aim to provide you with strategies that statistically stack the odds in your favour and lower your risks, but risks cannot be eliminated. Losses are part and parcel of investing and trading.
- There are many reasons why you may not be able to achieve similar returns to our strategies and model portfolios, including, but not limited to, bid/ask spreads, commissions, liquidity of shares being bought or sold and favourable intra-day timing.
- We offer no guarantee to the accuracy of data and calculations used.
- We own many of the JSE shares that come up on various lists in the strategies we cover, as we use the strategies and research for our own personal investment purposes. JSE rules require we notify you of this fact and the fact that we may dispose of or increase such investments at any time without notice.
- Passwords to access www.powerstocks.co.za are intended for your use only and you are not permitted to share passwords with friends and/or colleagues. We deploy IP address identification measures to prevent password sharing fraud. All our reports have embedded HTML code tied back to your logon credentials to prevent unauthorised copying and forwarding of reports. If we detect you password being used by multiple people your account will be terminated without a refund.
- If you sign up for a private investor membership you are not permitted to use or share the information provided by PowerStocks Research in the process of managing funds or investments on behalf of others or for offering investment advice to others. That is in violation of our contract. You need a professional subscription for this.
- We reserve the right to modify, remove and/or improve any of our service offerings over time
- Whilst we provide email alerts for certain major categories of signals (such as timing models going long or short), we accept no responsibility for the timely arrival of these alerts or any of our alerting services.
- We reserve the right to a maximum of 15 trading days a year where we may not post alerts and/or provide stock screens on allotted dates, for the purposes of site maintenance and personal leave. You will be warned at least 20 days in advance of which days have been allotted where this may apply.
- Although stock screens, and other publications have allotted periodicity and set dates for publication, such periodicity and dates may change slightly on an ad-hoc basis to cater for leave, late data collection, delays from our information service providers etc.
- Whilst we can give accepted best practice guidelines regarding asset allocation, diversification, portfolio construction and market timing methods we cannot offer personalised advice on any of the above issues specific to your risk profile and financial condition. Please seek this type of advice from a registered financial services provider.
- We rely on JSE data from several data providers and we outsource our website and other services to 3rd party providers. We cannot be held accountable for delays to our service as a result of delays from these entities, nor can we guarantee the accuracy of the data from our data service providers.
- We reserve the right, on the anniversary of your contract to impose the going published tariff rate for our services for that time. We have no obligation to honour your lapsed contracts pricing. Our rights of admission for membership are reserved. Past membership is neither guarantee nor right for future membership of our services.
- To protect PowerStocks Research intellectual capital, subscribers need to certify on their application forms that they are not an employee, affiliate, agent nor a colleague of any of the directors or management of the following companies or their agents/affiliates: ShareTrackin, Investors’ Choice, Fleet Street Publications, nor any company local or international that may be regarded as a competitor.
- The subscription fee is payable in advance and includes a component to access our research as well as a monthly data/signal delivery service fee. As the fee is made up of access to published research, it is non-refundable. You need to inform us if you transfer or sell your membership to another entity even if it’s a family member and that entity has to fill in and sign this contract, as well as be approved by us to affect transfer.
- Many pages (highlighted green in menu items) are password protected for PowerStocks subscribers only. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to request consideration for a subscription.
- All information, graphs, formulas and metrics on this web site are the property of PowerStocks Research and may not be copied, reproduced or published without our express permission. All information published on this site is subject to normal copyright laws. Please email email@example.com for permission to use any content published on this site.